Sunday, January 5

Winter Break

This winter break has come and gone TOO FAST. I thought four weeks off school would make me ready and excited for school again but it has failed to do so. Don't get me wrong. I have always loved school but I'm going to really miss my friends and family.

With that said I am a tad excited for school to start. The reason is that I have decided to change my major! It's funny because I always said I wasn't going to change my major. Yet here we are:. Me telling you about my new major. It's not a huge switch seeing as I'm still in the theatre department but nonetheless it seems like a huge switch for me. I am now going to school to get a BFA in Theatre Arts Education (drama teacher) with a minor in music. I am really excited about this because this just seems like more of a fit for me and what I want to do in life. I want to perform and share my passion on stage BUT I also have always loved teaching. And remember how I like school? Haha. I am so excited for this change because it brings me closer to the life I want to live. (PS my major was Musical Theatre before, for those of you who didn't know.)

You see my epiphany happened in Sunday School. (Go to church kids, you learn things about your life) And all of a sudden I just felt like that was what I should do. Whenever I thought about doing anything but Musical Theatre a kind of dread feeling came along with it, but this time it wasn't like that. It was like "Ohh! Why didn't I consider that before?" It's probably because I'm so stubborn. Scratch that. It was because I am stubborn. And thus I was a changed woman.

Other things that happened during my lovely winter break:

I saw Frozen!! And of course I loved it! If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. I'll just say one thing about this movie that I feel is important. Disney is growing with the times and I feel as if this movie is relatable in so many ways. Most importantly they do not need the "true love" of a man to solve their problems. Queen Elsa doesn't even find a love. (Shocking right?) Don't overlook this movie as just another Disney princess movie!

WJHS Winterlude Concert! This was my first concert as an alumni and it felt so weird!! I loved hearing the choirs perform and singing O Holy Night with them was a treasure. I sure did miss my pal, Jeffery Brown, while we were there. In just a short two years he'll be there singing O Holy Night with us as well. I can't wait!! It was also great to see Kelly. AKA "Dad". He has helped me grow so much it's odd to consider him anything other than a family member.

CHRISTMAS!

First was sending a package for Jeffery complete with mug, hot cocoa, marshmallows, cake-in-a-mug mixes, hand warmers, candy, some pictures, and last but not least a letter! He is in Houghton, MI right now which is like the coldest place in the U.S. haha! Well it at least has the most snowfall a year, almost 20 feet! So glad that I don't have to deal with such a cold place but I hope my gifts help a little. I love my Jeffery! (I must, seeing as it cost $15.00 to ship the box!!)

Christmas Eve lunch with my girls! Oh how I love them. (: They say you lose friends after high school and the thing is it's not like you lose any because the ones that matter don't move an inch! I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Good old family Christmas parties! My cousin Dani and I!

New Years!! Went to my college friend Brittany's house and brought along Ky, Mack, and Chris. Every year we always have a very interesting New Years.. haha

Actually met someone in person from Tinder!! LAWL


That's all for now! Till I write again..
~ Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment