Monday, January 6

Semester Two Here I Come

Today was very interesting. And short. First I had church and then got a manicure with my sister (since I am leaving to college to never return and she has loads of cash she doesn't know what to do with) After we got home she said "Not to be racist but I think Asain people are really good at doing nails." Oh, did I get a kick out of that one!

Then I had a shorter than usual drive (40 MINUTES!) You could say I was pretty proud about that. Driving gives me too much time to think.. and sing. While I was singing in the car a song came on (shocker) and I heard it with new ears

Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over
But had me believing it was always something that I'd done
But I don't wanna live that way
Reading into every word you say

You said that you could let it go
And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know

But you didn't have to cut me off
Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing
And I don't even need your love
But you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough
No you didn't have to stoop so low

Have your friends collect your records and then change your number
I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just somebody that I used to know

Sometimes someone else's words can explain what you want to say better than you can. Which is very true in my case. Music always seems to touch base with me. It's funny because I have heard this song a thousand times and never really listened until, well, today. When it ironically applied to me. Well some of it, haha. I underlined the lines that really explained what I wanted to say. My favorite is "I guess that I don't need that though" because sometimes you can be blinded by the things that seem great. You have to take a step back to see what is really best for you.

Then I had to unpack! That was fun.. Let me tell ya. But it's good to be back here in Ogden. I am very excited for this semester. Good things are coming! Even though I kind of have no idea what classes I need to take like whaaa?? And I'll only stress about it until Wednesday when I have my appointment with my academic advisor. Yay..




Till I write again..
-Kaylee

No comments:

Post a Comment